Christmas City Gothenburg is a truly unmissable experience. Take a stroll through the city centre, and be amazed by all the fantastic installations and events.
For the ninth year running, the façades, statues and streets of Gothenburg will be bathed in light during the weeks around Christmas. The programme of festive activities provides long-lasting memories to share with your family and friends. The city will be illuminated in stages, as follows:
- 16 November: The white light is lit.
- 16 November: Christmas at Liseberg opens.
- 7 December: The Lane of Light is lit, and will remain lit until 6 January.
- 7-31 December: Programme of activities in the city.
- 31 December: New Year celebrations on Götaplatsen.
Throughout the festive period, you can also wander along the Lane of Light from the harbour to Liseberg, listen to the Singing Christmas Tree, visit the Christmas market at Kronhuset, and much more besides.
Don’t miss the city’s giant Christmas film, which will be shown on the façade of the Gothenburg Museum of Art from 7 to 31 December. The film really is an unforgettable experience. And who knows, maybe even Santa Claus himself will put in an appearance…
For more information, visit www.goteborg.com/julstaden
Photo: Dick Gillberg/goteborg.com