As part of our “All under one roof” offering, we are pleased to be able to offer Scandinavium as an event hall. Scandinavium is one of Northern Europe’s largest indoor arenas, with a capacity of almost 12,000 people. Here, everything from major sporting events to concerts, large-scale meetings and banquets are arranged.
Scandinavium was designed by the Danish architect Poul Hultberg. The turf-cutting ceremony took place in May 1969 and the venue was opened on 18 May 1971 in connection with Gothenburg’s 350th anniversary celebrations.
Scandinavium was redecorated in 2006, and was transformed from orange to a brand new silver-grey, with spectacular lighting that can be adapted to suit the character of the event.
- Scandinavium was opened in 1971, refurbished in 1991 and repainted in 2006
- Area (entire floor): 4,100 m²
- Area (public foyer): 3,000 m²
- Unobstructed ceiling height: 14 metres
- Full broadcast quality TV studio